We offer a range of tours, workshops and other activities to a range of booked groups throughout the year. For all enquiries and to book, contact email@example.com
Nurseries: download our programme for 2019/20 here:
Schools: download our programme for 2019/20 here:
A Cuddle Corner is suitable for everyone aged 2+, and lasts for up to 20 minutes. The session involves visiting the Pet Lodge and stroking the animals. Maximum group size is 15. Each group is led by a member of Farm staff or a trained volunteer.
A general farm tour is suitable for children aged 3 + and adults. It lasts for up to one hour. The tour is a fantastic opportunity to visit all parts of the farm, learn more about the animals and have the opportunity to feed and get closer to the animals, where appropriate. Maximum group size is 15. Larger bookings will be split into groups, with each group led by a member of farm staff or a trained volunteer.
We offer a range of themed tours for schools according to the season – more details on our booking page:
- Old MacDonald’s farm: Our farm tour specially for nursery groups. Meet animals, sing songs, cuddle pets
- Food and farming: an exploration of the farm, investigating where our food comes from and how it grows
- New Life (April – June only): an interactive tour focusing on new animal, bird and plant life
- Harvest ( August – October only): explore the farm and harvest a range of fruit and vegetables
Workshops are available for booked school groups, from P1 upwards. They include topic based hands-on activities and are adaptable to suit a range of ages and abilities, including pupils with additional support needs. All schools workshops help deliver Curriculum for Excellence experiences and outcomes . Workshops can be delivered alone lasting up to one hour, or as part of a two hour session including a tour. Maximum group size is 15. Larger groups will be split, with each group led by a member of Farm staff or a trained volunteer.
We offer a range of themed workshops according to the season – more details on our booking page:
- Food and farming (year round): make butter and have a go at felt-making
- Ready, steady, grow! (April – June): take part in simple gardening tasks and then sow your own miniature garden to take away
- Harvest (August- October only): harvest wheat from our wheatfield, grind it up to make flour and then bake up a tasty flatbread
- Milk: From grass to glass (year round): Trace the journey of milk, from pasture to milk bottle, meet our cows, ‘milk’ our fibreglass cow and make your own butter.
- Get Dirty! (year round) – Max. group size 8 pupils: take part in real farm tasks (e.g. feeding, mucking out etc)
For community groups (Beavers, Cubs, Rainbows, Brownies, Holiday clubs etc) we can offer variations on the above workshops by arrangement.
Once upon a farm
Specially for our nursery and P1 groups, these story-based sessions last half an hour. Based on popular stories, these sessions feature animal-focused activities, sometimes songs and rhymes and the chance to hear the story. Featured stories are:
- A Squash and a Squeeze, – Julia Donaldson
- The Little Red Hen – traditional
- What the Ladybird Heard – Julia Donaldson
- The Three Billy Goats Gruff – traditional
- The Hare and the Tortoise – traditional
- Farmer Duck – Martin Waddell
- The Scarecrows’ Wedding – Julia Donaldson
- Emma’s Lamb – Kim Lewis
- The Enormous Turnip – traditional
Let us know if you have another farm based story in mind – we may be able to devise another activity around it.