Our charitable work is dependent on the generous support of people like you.
Help us to build a relationship with your organisation, whether as a Corporate Partner, taking on a Corporate Challenge, donating gifts in kind or using the expertise within your company
A Corporate Partnership with Gorgie City Farm offers your organisation the chance to make a real difference in your local community.
Whether or not you’ve worked with a charity or local organisation before, we can make it easier for you and your staff to get involved and support us.
Charity of the year – we will work with you to build a meaningful relationship that will benefit your organisation, your staff and Gorgie City Farm
Corporate Challenges – a great way for your team to help us tackle jobs on the Farm, to work together as a team and to get their hands dirty
Donations – give a regular monthly donation or a one-off gift towards supporting our volunteers
Gifts in Kind – put your organisation’s skills and expertise to good use by donating equipment, HR advice, marketing services, joinery talents, fundraising support, etc.
Marketing – promote your relationship with the Farm to your customers and differentiate your organisation from your competitors
Payroll Giving – an easy, and tax efficient, way for your staff to donate a regular amount and for your organisation to take part in payroll giving awards
Social Enterprises – help promote and support our Birthday Party, meat sales and Pet Boarding initiatives
Staff fundraising – wherever and however your staff want to raise money, by holding raffles, cake bakes, marathons, cycles or any other fun events
For more information, or to discuss how your company can support the Farm, please call 0131 337 4202 or send an email to email@example.com.
Friends of the Farm
If you would like to provide long term support to the farm, then we would love you to become a regular donor and a Friend of the Farm.
Friends of the Farm play a vital role in helping to support Gorgie City Farm. Your contribution helps us to:
- Safely welcome all visitors without making a formal charge
- Offer educational activities on the farm at accessible prices
- Host voluntary placements for individuals of all ages, many of whom have additional support needs
- Fund our staff to care for the animals and maintain the farm
In return for being a Friend you will receive:
- Guilt free farm visits! No need to rummage in your pocket to find change. You can relax, safe in the knowledge you have already contributed
- 5% discount code for Pet Boarding
- 10% discount code for Farmers Helpers holiday club for 8-12 year olds
- Regular e-updates from the Farm
- Opportunities for priority booking
- First to know about special events and new classes
- An invite to our annual AGM where our board of Trustees is appointed
All this, for as little as £3 per month.
When signing up, please tick the box at the bottom of the form to let us know you’re happy to be contacted by us. This will ensure you receive our discount codes and newsletters.
To sign up, please visit our MyDonate page.
Want to help us raise money?
Give while you shop
When you shop at smile.amazon.co.uk, Amazon will donate to the Farm so you can support us every time you shop. Click on the link to start shopping, and supporting, now.
Regular tax effective giving
There are different ways you can donate to the Farm regularly:
- MyDonate is an online method so you can donate regularly and the Farm can claim Gift Aid on your donation. Each £10 you give, will mean £12.50 to the Farm.
- Payroll Giving is an arrangement organised by your employer so you can donate to the Farm directly from your salary. Each £10 you give, will only cost you £8. Contact your employer for more information.
Please contact us, by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to organise an event in aid of the Farm.
Take on a Challenge
Whether it’s a 5K jog, a marathon walk, an SAS style abseil, or a trek across Iceland with huskies there’s a Challenge out there to suit everyone. Like and follow our Facebook page to keep up to date or for more information.
Donate a gift
Interested in making a donation but want to know where your money is going? We have an Amazon wish list full of items we’d love to have for the farm! From treats for our small furries to office supplies to help with our day-to-day running, there’s plenty for all budgets.
Fed up giving presents that will simply sit on a shelf? Why not check out our wish list instead? If you add comments in the delivery instructions, or send a private message via Facebook, we can even send a thank you!
Thank you to everyone who has supported the Farm.
Thank you to all our supporters:
- Apple Inc.
- Ardmillan Hotel
- Big Lottery Fund
- City of Edinburgh Council
- Co-op Local Community Fund
- Cruden Foundation
- Dr Guthrie’s Association
- Garfield Weston Foundation
- Hamish and Doris Crichton Charitable Trust
- John Watson Trust
- Macfarlan Smith
- Marks and Spencer
- North British Distillery
- NuStar Terminals Ltd
- Scotmid Co-operative
- Scottish Children’s Lottery
- Social Farms and Gardens
- Tesco Bags of Help
- The Edinburgh Trade Maiden Fund
- The Ernest Cook Trust
- Vegware Community Fund
- Volunteering Matters Action Earth
Please consider making a donation to help support the farm.
- text “FARM44 £5” to 70070 to donate £5,
- visit our MyDonate page to donate online, or
- send a cheque to Gorgie City Farm, 51 Gorgie Road, Edinburgh, EH11 2LA